On the evening of June 9th, rangers were dispatched to Arbuckle Memorial Hospital to assist the state medical examiner with an investigation into the death of an infant that occurred in the park. The incident occurred earlier that evening when the parents saw the child holding a container of citronella oil. They immediately called the poison control center, then took the infant to the hospital. The two-year-old died just hours later of suspected citronella oil poisoning. Citronella oil, which is used to fuel camp torches and lanterns, coats the lungs with a toxic vapor and causes pulmonary arrest, resulting in death. This incident highlights the need for increased awareness of the risks of using hazardous materials while camping.