On January 20th, Jordan Marsden, 20, was bitten on the left foot while sitting on his surfboard about 50 yards from shore. He quickly paddled to the beach, thinking that heâd suffered a jellyfish sting. When he looked at the side of his foot, though, he was shocked to find three round, bloody holes. Ranger Kathy Roman responded to his 911 call and administered first aid. Marsden declined ambulance transport to a hospital, but went there himself and was admitted. Small shark tooth fragments were removed from his wounds. Despite the scare and the injury, Marsden told Roman that heâs looking forward to returning to surfing every day.