The National Park Service announces the beginning of its summer schedule for visitor center hours and tours at Weir Farm National Historic Site. From May 3 through this fall, the visitor center will be open Wednesdays through Sundays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (closed Mondays and Tuesdays). Guided tours of the artistsâ studios will be offered at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. on days that the visitor center is open. A stone wall walking tour is offered in lieu of a studio tour at 11:00 a.m. on Sundays. The grounds remain open daily from sunrise to sunset. All programs are free of charge.
Weir Farm National Historic Site is located at 735 Nod Hill Road in Wilton. Weir Farm, Connecticutâs first National Park unit, preserves the summer home and workplace of American painter Julian Alden Weir (1852-1919). Weir was a leading figure in American art and in the development of American Impressionism. Seeking refuge from New York City, like many of his contemporaries, Weir found peace and beauty in this Connecticut landscape. After Weir's death, two successive generations of artists and their families made their homes here. Today, the National Park Service preserves the historic buildings and landscape and offers tours and programs for the public. For current information about the special events and programs offered throughout the year, please call (203) 834-1896 or visit www.nps.gov/wefa. To contact the park's non-profit partner, the Weir Farm Art Center, and for information about programs such as children's summer art classes and the Artist-in-Residence Program, please call (203) 761-9945.