On Tuesday, June 12th, seasonal biotech Angela Trnka was patrolling for sea turtles and came upon a two-and-a-half year old unconscious child. The child, who was accompanied by his mother and two young siblings, apparently ran into the surf unexpectedly and was knocked down by a wave. During the time before his mother recovered him, he swallowed a substantial amount of seawater and lost consciousness. Trnka called for emergency assistance, performed infant/child CPR on him, and was able to clear the child’s airway and restore breathing. Her quick action and professional response, along with the assistance of the rangers who responded, undoubtedly saved the child’s life. Based upon follow-up stories in the local media, the child is apparently doing well and is recovering from the accident.