An arson fire on the evening of August 14th caused damage at the historic Calumet and Hecla Mining Company pattern storage building owned by the Coppertown Mining Museum, a Keweenaw Heritage Site located within the boundary of the park’s Calumet Unit. To gain entry, intruders removed a wood window panel located at the building’s southwest corner, damaging adjacent stone masonry in the process. They then set afire several wood patterns that were stored on the concrete floor. Flames were reported by a passing motorist and the Calumet Township Volunteer Fire Department arrived soon after to extinguish the fire, narrowly averting a calamitous event. Considering the quantity and historic value of the pattern stock stored in the facility, relatively minor damage was incurred to the contents and building envelope. The incident is under investigation by the Houghton County Sheriff’s Office. The 1885 timber frame and stone masonry structure was built to house the company’s vast stock of over 30,000 wooden industrial foundry patterns. The historic patterns have received much attention from the Keweenaw NHP curatorial staff while providing technical assistance to this vital park partner.