Did you know that Mesa Verde…
- …is Spanish for “green table”?
- …was established by Congress as a National Park on June 29, 1906?
- …was the first and, to date, the only cultural National Park set aside in the National Park System?
- …had the first museum in the National Park Service?
- …held the first campfire talk in the National Park Service?
- …became a World Cultural Heritage Site on September 8, 1978?
- …is located in the Four Corners Area, which has one of the highest concentrations of archeological sites in the United States?
- …borders the Ute Mountain Ute Indian Reservation?